PROCESS FOR RXU COORDINATOR
RXU coordinator’s major responsibility is to promote RXU to faculty and students
- In every June, October, and March:
- Send emails to faculty to remind them to submit projects for the subsequent term, and report project accomplishments for the previous term.
- In every July, November, and April:
- Send emails to high-performance students to encourage them to interact with faculty regarding the posted projects and register in RXU for the subsequent term
- Maintain the web site for RXU, design flyers and promote RXU in students’ gatherings.
For lab/center attachments as second or subsequent internships:
- In every September, and February, three months before the start of internships:
- Send emails to faculty (and cc to DKHMCC) to remind them to submit internship projects to DKHMCC (and cc to RXU coordinator) for the subsequent term.
- Update the projects in RXU after receiving confirmation emails from DKHMCC regarding supervisors’ decisions.
- After the end of internships:
- Collate reports from supervisor regarding the accomplishments of internship projects.
- Remind supervisor to complete an online appraisal forms within 1 month after the internship.
- The current contact of DKHMCC: Ms. Wong Soo Mei (firstname.lastname@example.org; 6808 5136)
For visiting students from Zhejiang University, the procedure of registering in IS 470 is given below:
- Zhejiang (ZJ) sends a list of interested students to our IS470 coordinator
- The IS470 coordinator will then send the list to SIS faculty to see if anyone is interested in supervising them in IS470
- The coordinator will then co-ordinate the list of ZJ students who has willing SIS faculty supervisor
- The list will be sent to ZJ to advise them
- This list will also be sent to our OGL (SMU Exchange Office i.e. Office of Global Learning)
- The ZJ students will arrive in Singapore and report to OGL to do all the necessary paperwork including obtaining a Student pass.
Last updated on 07 May 2018 .