The School of Information Systems (SIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) is collaborating with National Taipei University (NTPU)'s College of Business to offer students in Taiwan the opportunity to obtain Dual Master degrees comprising of NTPU's Master of Business Administration (MBA) and SMU's Master of IT in Business (MITB)
The NTPU-SMU Dual Master Degree Programme will allow students from Taiwn to choose between three tracks; Artificial Intelligence, Analytics or Financial Technology & Analytics from the Master of IT in Business programme. Programme duration is between 2.5 to 3.5 years, with minimum of 12 months residency in Singapore, taking courses at SMU delivered in English. The programme will be taught by the faculty from both NTPU and SMU.
In a competitive environment, marshaling Business Intelligence and Data Analytics on a real-time basis to make decisions, create value and develop a sustained competitive advantage is imperative. SMU MITB (Analytics) is Asia's first professional masters programme to meet this demand. Co-designed by leading global and regional sector firms from hospitality, tourism, supply chain, retail, healthcare, public sector and telecommunications, it promises a robust and systematic understanding across processes, operations, data, technology solutions and management supervision. It is aimed at professionals with a background in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT, Engineering or the Sciences.
FINANCIAL TECHNOLOGY & ANALYTICS
Technology is pushing the envelope for financial institutions in many fronts – for example, customer data, risk measures, capacity, market expectations and operational efficiency. Institutions that leverage on analytics to gain insights into their customers, operations and market opportunities can better position themselves for business continuity and success. However, transforming data into actionable insights require analytics and talents who are knowledgeable in both the business and analytics domains. Analytics can be leveraged across all business lines in a financial institution. For example, customer attrition rates and rationale, cross-selling potential, and values of transactions can be uncovered using analytics. In addition, analytics help combat fraud more efficiently while protecting customers. Today, risk management needs to be revitalised and optimisation is needed to drive profits.
MITB (Financial Technology & Analytics) equips and prepares graduates and professionals with the agility and intelligence in translating data into concrete actionable insights that drive growth in the financial services industry.
To graduate, students will need to fulfill all required credit units as stipulated by NTPU's MBA and SMU's MITB degrees.
The programme seeks applicants with the following:
- Successfully admitted into National Taipei University's MBA Programme
- A good Bachelor's Degree. Candidates with Bachelor Degrees in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance and Economics are strongly encouraged to apply.
- GMAT or GRE score
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants who have not received a Degree from a programme taught in English.
- Excellent personal qualities and a desire to garner a good international outlook through an overseas education.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English fluently.
TUITION FEE for mitb degree
- Tuition fee of S$48,000
- One-time application fee to SMU: S$100
- One-time registration fee to SMU: S$500
- Scholarships will be awarded to students who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria and requirements
Enquiries & Application
For enquiries and application, contact National Taipei University
- Department：College of Business
- Telephone：+886-2-8674-1111 ext. 6631
- Contact Person: Dr. Pei-Ju Lucy Ting (Director of International Relations)/ Fiona Liu (Assistant Secretary)
- Address：151, University Road, San Shia District, New Taipei City, 23741 Taiwan
- Email： email@example.com
Last updated on 16 Jan 2018 .