Application to AY2018-19, Term 2 intake (January 2019) is open from 1 April 2018.
Term 1 (August)
01 August of prior year*
01 November of prior year
31 October of prior year*
31 January of intake year
Term 2 (January)
01 January of prior year*
01 April of prior year
31 March of prior year*
30 June of prior year
*Candidates applying during these periods would be given priority for consideration of scholarships.
AY2018-19, Term 2 (January 2019) application is open from 1 April 2018 to 30 June 2018.
The PhD in Information Systems programme accepts application for full-time study only. Click here for part-time study.
General Instructions for Completing Your Application:
Please use the online application system to submit your application. Supplementary instructions are given in each section of the online application form. Once you have completed the online application, we suggest you print and keep a copy of the form for your record. Please send in the required supporting documents once you have submitted your online application. Your application will only be processed when we have received the supporting documents and application fee.
Online Application System
The online application system will be down for scheduled maintenance on 11 May 2013 (0000hrs) till 12 May 2013 (2359hrs) and 24 May 2013 (0000hrs) till 25 May 2013 (2359hrs), Singapore time . Please note that the system will not be available during the mentioned time
For new user
For existing user
If you have already created an account with SMU, please go directly to the Login page to continue with your application.Login Now
Upon successful submission of your online application, you will be given an application number. Do take note of this application number for future enquiry and checking of application status.
Checking your Application Status
Login here to check on your submitted application status. You will not be able to update submitted application.Login Here Guideline to using the Applicant Self-Service System Guideline to retrieving Applicant Self-Service Login Information
IMPORTANT NOTES TO APPLICANTS
- Online applications received without the complete set of supporting documents will be rejected.
- Online applications will not be processed until application fee is made. If payment is not received by end of the application deadline, the application will be considered as rejected.
- NEW Application period (e.g. 1 February to 31 March for the January intake, 1 September to 31 October for the August intake) will be effective from AY2019-20 intake onwards.
Should you have any enquiries regarding your application,
please contact Ms. SEOW Pei Huan at (65) 6828 0125 or email to email@example.com
To help you prepare for the online application system, below are the required supporting documents for submission online:
Please discuss your academic and career objectives. Be specific about the area in which you plan to study, your reasons for wishing to study at Singapore Management University. Note: A resume or CV is not a personal statement.
Please propose a research topic that you would like to undertake in the programme, the technical potential and real-world relevance of the topic, and how do you think our programme could equip you to work on the topic.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
(to be submitted by application deadline)
- Identity Card (For Singapore Citizens PR)
- Passport & Identity Card (For non-Singapore Citizens)
- TOEFL / IELTS (for applicants whose first language is not English)
- GRE /GMAT (waived for SMU, NTU, NUS and SUTD graduates)
- Bachelor Degree Certificate
- Official Transcripts for Bachelors Degree (please include the grading policy/system for your transcript. i.e. score range of the grade)
- Master Degree Certificate (if applicable)
- Official Transcripts for Master Degree (if applicable)
- Two Referee Reports (Referees are to submit the completed referee form directly to us.)
- Any other supporting documents
A softcopy PDF or Word Doc format of your Personal and Research statement is required as attachment in the online application system. Hence, no hardcopy
submission is required.
For all non-English certificates or documents, a copy of the original certificates/documents and their official English translations must be submitted.
- Mail/Courier the above hardcopy supporting documents to :
- Personal submission to General Office, Level 5
- Email all supporting documents in a less than 12 megabytes, single zip file format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only clear scanned copy of your files will be accepted. Please name the files appropriately.
All application requires 2 referees (academic referees preferred). Please contact & request your referees to mail the completed form directly to us. Referees may also send in their completed form via their official mailbox to email@example.com. Referee reports received but not satisfying the above conditions will not be accepted.
Referee forms can be downloaded here:
Last updated on 10 May 2018 .